Thursday, February 28, 2008

To Potty Train or Not to Potty Train?

Today I went out and bought my 22 month old son a potty. Is 22 months to young? I personally under normal circumstances believe that 22 months is to young, but my son for months now has been coming to me telling me every time when he is stinky. Not so much when he is wet, but every stinky he comes right to me. Sometimes I have even noticed that he will come tell me and he will be clean and then 5 minutes later he comes and he's stinky. He says he wants to potty. He likes to sit on the tub and talk to you while you are in the bathroom, so I thought why not have him sit on his own potty instead of the tub while he is in there. Maybe get him used to at least sitting on it. I have seen some very small children potty trained and I would love to get mine trained now, but do you think it is to early?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's too early, at all. I just recently posted about this on my blog.
http://spiritualparentingto4.blogspot.com/2008/02/i-dont-have-baby-anymorewarning-grab.html

Thank you for sharing the CVS coupon! Woo Hoo!

Katie and the boys said...

No!!!! My son was completely potty train by 26 months!!! He is 28 months old now. I also have a ten month old and I hope potty training goes as well as the first!!! My son was very obvious with BM's. When I knew it was about time; we went and sat on the potty. Then we went to peeing every hour and if he went he got a little piece of candy. He got the peeing down but not the BM. So, I went to a treasure chest. He would get to pick something out of it everytime he would have a BM. This worked instantly!! Good luck!!
Thanks for the CVS coupon!!!